2019 Summer Walks
Summer Walks 2019:
There will be Summer Walks scheduled over the January holiday break.
My apologies for the delay in sending this information but I have been unwell but am on the mend. ,
1. The 2019 AGM will be held on the 3rd of February at the Myrtleford Neighborhood Centre commencing at 10am.
· The Neighbourhood Centre is directly opposite the Target complex, set back a little, entrance off a little lane next to the old picture theatre on the highway just before Standish Street. On the other side of the Centre is a Caltex Service Station. Street parking, and parking at the rear entered from Standish Street or, behind Target across the road by going around the new roundabout too if it comes to that. Getting hold of the key is not going to be a problem.
· The AGM meeting is a very short meeting with the only agenda item being the election of the new Executive including President and Assistant, Secretary and Assistant, Treasurer and Assistant and six Committee members. Thank you to everyone who has put their names forward.
· After the AGM the February Committee meeting will take place.
· After the meetings everyone is invited to a yet to be decided venue for lunch.
2. The Annual Summer walks will take place over each Sunday in January. All members and interested parties are welcome to attend the walks which usually include a visit to a café for coffee or morning tea in a park.
· Hosted by Kathy Volkmer: - BRIGHT
- DATE and TIME: Sunday 6th January 2019 - 8.30am
- MEETING PLACE: Behind the River Deck Café at the car park. Coming into town on the Great Alpine Road, 2nd left turn after the round-about after Woolworths.
- MORNING TEA: Bring or buy morning tea - tables and chairs situated in park
- BRING: Water and poo bags for dogs, hat and sunscreen for yourself.
CONTACT: Kathy Volkmer 0418 313 606
· Hosted by Ann Sutton: - BEECHWORTH
DATE and TIME: 13th January 8.30am
- Meet at the George Kerferd Hotel carpark, Beechworth for a tree-themed summer walk around the beautiful grounds of the May Day Hills Estate.
- From the roundabout in the heart of Beechworth, turn up Camp Street.
- Pass the Beechworth Bakery and continue on, over the bridge, straight up the hill and through the May Day Hills gateway.
- Take the first road on the right and drive down this tree-lined avenue until you pass the George Kerferd Hotel.
- We will meet in the adjoining car park, the entrance to which is at the far end, about 100 m further on.
- Coffee and cake (and a drink of cool water for the dogs!) are available from the Kerferd Hotel, or else BYO morning tea for after we have finished our walk.
- Nearby Lake Sambell offers the opportunity of a swim before heading home.
- To bring: hat, sunscreen and water for yourselves; do-baggies for the dogs.
RSVP Ann Sutton ph 0357 286 785
· Hosted by Pauline Tanaskovic: - MYRTLEFORD
OVENS RIVER WALK – MYRTLEFORD – 20th January 2019 at 8.30am.
- An easy flat shady walk on a bike/pedestrian track, meandering alongside the Ovens River, beginning at Apex Park walking to Rotary Park, crossing over two sturdy suspension bridges and one swing bridge before returning to Apex Park - 2km each way.
- At Rotary Park one could pop into the Old Tobacco Kiln and see how tobacco was grown and dried in the Ovens Valley, or if there are children with you on the walk Rotary Park has a good playground.
- Along the way there are several places where dogs can swim and drink the beautiful fresh Ovens River water, and seating for we humans if needed. At each park there are toilets and several shaded picnic tables and benches.Meet at Apex Park, Myrtleford near to the toilet block adjacent to the Ovens River – where there is shade from nearby trees for your cars.
- Getting There: In Myrtleford, turn into Standish Street at Target corner – signed to Lake Buffalo – coming from Wangaratta side of the Great Alpine Road, turn right. From Bright side, turn left, Approx 1km, turn right into Apex Lane before you get to Nimmo Bridge.
- BYO Morning tea to share.
Contact Pauline Tanaskovic on 0357 510 002
· Hosted by Cameron Henshall: - MILAWA
- Date and Time: 27th of January at 8.30am.
- Milawa walk will depend on the weather.
- Meet at the spare block at the empty block at the Milawa cross roads. There are plenty of parks.
- Morning tea at one of the cafes.
Contact Cameron Henshall on 0488 681 241
I will provide further updates after we return form holiday on the 10th of January.
Please check details on the Website.