Ovens Valley Canine Club inc.
Ovens Valley Canine Club located at McNamara Reserve, Myrtleford, exercises its duty of care under State Government Legislation and complies with Victorian Canine Association Insurance requirements whilst maintaining a policy of modern Positive Reinforcement Reward-Based Training at all times.
To maintain the high standard that OVCC has achieved over many years, members of the club are required to abide by the following rules:
1. All dogs must be fully vaccinated. In line with AVA recommendations, owners will be required to show a current C5 Vaccination Certificate showing their dog has been vaccinated against Canine distemper virus (CDV) Canine adenovirus (CAV) Hepatitis, Canine parvovirus (CPV-2) Parainfluenza virus (PI) and Bordetella bronchiseptica (Bb) OR a Titer Testing Certificate, confirming immunity and signed by a qualified vet, is also acceptable as per VCA Regulations.
2. The club minimum age for handlers is 15 years. Junior handlers between the ages of 15-18 must join with a supervising parent or guardian, who must be a member of the club and not separately undergoing the same instruction,
3. No puppies under 3 months or bitches in season are permitted to come onto Club grounds.
4. Choke/Check chain collars are not permitted.
5. On arrival each training day, a club member must sign in, collect their name tag and pay their training fee. NB People who have not signed in are not covered by club insurance, therefore, cannot
participate in club activities.
6. Dogs must be kept on a leash at all times, except when told by an instructor to remove it for training
purposes. It is the owners' responsibility to keep their dog under control. In case of a loose dog on the
grounds, secure your own dog immediately.
7. Training equipment must only be used when supervised by an instructor/buddy or with their permission.
8. Do not approach another dog on the grounds without first asking permission from its owner. Be aware that dogs tethered or confined in cars can often become very upset when approached closely. Leave at least 3 metres when passing other dogs in these circumstances.
9. If leaving your dog tethered. confined or unattended, ensure they are in a safe place - not in
thoroughfares or clubhouse/equipment shed entrances and not exposed to unsuitable climatic conditions.
1O. Closed in shoes must be worn when training your dog - thongs-sandals are unacceptable.
11. Please pick up after your dog and dispose of waste in the bins provided.
12. McNamara reserve decrees that the football oval is out of bounds to dogs and the netball facility is only to be used when accompanied by an instructor.
13. Visitors (including children) must not be on the training grounds and are asked to observe from the perimeter.